Re: Trus Joist TJ-Shear Panels

On 1/18/07, Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu> wrote:
Has anyone ever used Trus Joist's TJ-Shear Panels?  Anyone know where I
can find their COLA report (supposedly #R50-06)?  Did anyone raise the
issue of not meeting the aspect ratio of shearwalls in the code for
seismic purposes?  Or is the issues of the aspect ratio "negated" by the
fact that they have an ICC-ES report per AC 130 Acceptance Criteria?

Thanks,

Scott
Adrian, MI

Per David Topete comments, the testing & subsequent report allows the use of narrow panels that would not be allowed by code if they were site built.

I have personally tested many varieties of pre-fab shear panels (both development & production units).

Of all the pre-fab panels on the market I like the ShearMax the best.

It was developed by father / son team with a great deal of construction background, so it is probably one of the easiest to use  / install.  They've put a lot of thought into the product from a "usability" point of view.

In addition to the installation / design benefits....it performs very well.

As a test / research engineer I like how it behaves during reversed cyclic testing.

I don't work for them & I'm not related to them    :)

http://www.shearmax.com/

http://shearmax.com/library/25369-5402-5p-7-98.pdf

cheers
Bob