Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

hollow red clay block

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

Hi Jim:


We call it hollow clay tile.  Here in earthquake country it is a hazard.  We have recommended removing or strengthening these walls.  It is not allowed by code in new construction.



Integrated Design Services, Inc.


Bob Freeman, Architect

Structural Designer

(949) 387-8500