Re: Old Steel Shapes

I sent this out earlier, but when I received it back from the listserver
all I had was a blank email, so I'm going to try again... sorry if you guys
get this as a duplicate!

Glenn -

AISC formerly had a paperback publication titled "Iron and Steel Beams,
1873 to 1952' that contained properties for the different sections from
different manufacturers.  I believe this has now been superceded by their
'Steel Design Guide 15:  AISC Rehabilitation and Retrofit Guide', which
contains the properties mentioned above along with some other information.
I would recommend getting this Design Guide to give you a more complete
picture of the section properties, since the steel sections in 1940 weren't
necessarily equal from different manufacturers.

Bradford L. Burton, P.E.
Senior Structural Project Engineer
Ellerbe Becket, Inc.
1001 G Street, NW