Re: Welding HSS

that would be "due to shear force" .....not       "hear force"    :)

On 1/22/07, Robert Kazanjy < rkazanjy(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
Correct me if I am wrong but would not the horizontal shear stress be a maximum at section mid-depth?

 due hear force that is required to make the upper & lower "chunks" in fact act as a single member?

This is a BTDT situation for me.....IMO unless there are some other reasons to do this, the effort to get this to work and potential  headaches downstream out weigh the benefits.

Consider a new member

cheers
Bob