New Simpson Holdowns - Recommendations

I have been updating my analysis and design software (including AutoCad ADT 2007) for schedules that including Holdowns. I have noticed many new connectors from Simpson that go beyond the traditional HD’s or Pre-deflected PHD’s. What I don’t see is a cost or availability index on any of their catalog pages. These include HDUx-SDS2.5 series; HHDQxx-SDS2.5 series; PHDx-SDS3 series and HDQx-SDS3 series. Most of these have overlapping capacities and there are differences in connections to studs/posts. I know that most of the builders in the area won’t be familiar with the newer versions and some of these may hold cost savings.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to limit my choices to availability and economical products?  I’m not interested in their straps that embed in concrete and nail up the face of the panel or framing below. We have a problem in this area of the desert with spalling and heavy mineral corrosion. I’ve yet to see straps installed correctly where they don’t rot out in less than five years. So if you can make a recommendation for the more traditional eccentrically connected Holdowns and threaded anchors through sill plates, I would appreciate your comments

Thanks

Dennis