From: Mark E. Deardorff [mailto:mdeardorff(--nospam--at)burkett-wong.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 11:29 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: New Simpson Holdowns - Recommendations

I am using HDU's and HHDQ's. The contractors I have worked with prefer the SDS screws because there are no alignment issues. Also, I believe the HDU's are cheaper than the PHD's and their deflections are actually lower.

Mark E. Deardorff

Structural Engineer

3434 4th Ave

San Diego, CA92103

P 619.299.5550 x348

F 619.299.9934

mdeardorff(--nospam--at)burkett-wong.com