RE: Drag forces perpendicular to roof trusses and or joists

David,

This is a commercial project.  3 story wood framed hotel.  You are saying to use truss blocks sheathed as a shear panel and clip it to the top plate.  Are you blocking all the way across the opening, or just using a shear panel in the first few bays until you can get the diaphragm to wall force transferred?  Unfortunately, due to lack of usable shear panels on the exterior of the hotel, I have been forces to shear one side of the hallway.  The core or middle 75 feet of the hotel jogs over about 10 feet and I have to drag over this full 75’.

Jeff Hedman , E.I.T.

L.R. Pope Engineers & Surveyors, Inc.

1240 East 100 South Suite # 15B

St. George, Utah  84790