RE: Drag forces perpendicular to roof trusses and or joists

Jeff,

As others have mentioned, you would design a shear panel for shear and uplift at the blocking panel, and provide diaphragm edge nailing and strapping from the roof shtg, and provide clips like LTP for the blocking shear panel to SW.  This would happen at the SW.  You would have to design the blocking (comp) and strapping (tension) in the truss bays not occurring at the SW to drag those forces to the SW.

David A. Topete, SE

Structural Engineer

GFDS Engineers

543 Howard St., First Floor