RE: Drag forces perpendicular to roof trusses and or joists

No problem, Jeff.  As Matthew mentioned, don’t hesitate to ask the boss or a sr. engineer for some input.  I know I did.  And, FWIW, contractors will fight just about anything and everything you put on drawings.  Out here in CA, most GC’s have gotten accustomed to seeing heavy duty hardware on plans.  They have gotten used to their fees as well…

David A. Topete, SE

Structural Engineer

GFDS Engineers

543 Howard St., First Floor