PE Requirements

I have tried to find out what the requirements are in order to  take the PE, but I can't find specifics. Here is my question:

I took the EIT last April but I didn't pass it and I have been working under a reqistered PE since then. In California I believe that you must have 2 years experience under a PE, but can I still count the time I worked before I passed the EIT?

Thanks