RE: ACI 318-05 minimum slab on grade reinforcement spacing

Jeff,

Jason is right on point.  The other section that occurs MUCH earlier that
basically says the same thing is section 1.1.6.  The point is that ACI 318
_DOES NOT_ apply to slabs on grade in general.  For guidance on slabs on
grade, you might want to look at ACI committee 360 documents for design
purposes.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI