Re: Off-Topic (Sources for downloading non-music MP3 files)

Vish,

I'm in a rock band (keeps me sane in my spare time :-) and have had to learn a lot of songs that my band mates have recommended by bands I hadn't listened to very much or ever at all. It's been great to be exposed to a lot of new music and learning their songs.

Anyway, rock musicians are by nature great at suggesting but lousy at following through. So when someone would recommend a song for us to cover the inevitable "I'll burn you a copy" never happens.

There is a website called limewire  www.limewire.com that has easy to use search features, no bombardment of spam and popups that has been great. It's free "file sharing" but they also have an upgrade that I'm not sure what it all entails. I've gone out and bought entire albums on I-Tunes after listening to bands I like and since I end up playing these songs and performing them, I don't feel so bad about pissing off Lars Ulrich :-)

anyway, it may have some stuff on their since I do see a lot of files created around the world. The quality is generally decent, but if you want high quality MP3's, the major places like I-Tunes and the like are the way to go.

I couldn't imagine wanting to listen to lectures or speakers on structural engineering unless I was having trouble sleeping. But to each his own.

-g