Re: Most Trustworthy Professionals

> From: Daryl Richardson <h.d.richardson(--nospam--at)shaw.ca>

>         Today's Calgary Herald contains part of a published survey on =
> the above subject carried out by Ipsos Reid and released by =
> Sympatico/MSN.  The news article lists the number of Canadians who =
> consider various professionals to be trustworthy as follows: =
> Firefighters 93%; Nurses 87%; Pharmacists 86%; Airline Pilots 81%; =
> Doctors 80%; . . . CEOs 21%; Trade unions 19%; Local politicians 12%; =
> National politicians 7%; Car sales people 7%.

Architect and Engineer associations in Ontario are having their
differences with the Ontario gov't over some current legislation. We are
in a special class of 'self-regulating professionals' which is now up to
37 'professions'. PEO (Engineers) has commissioned a survey of which one
question asks me to rank professions, in order from the most trustworthy
to least trustworthy. How do I not put Engineer at the top and lawyer on
the bottom and still give Real Estate Agent (!) the proper place.

I think that the actual list of 'self-regulating professionals' was the
real eye-popper.

Regards
Paul

--