Web Tapered Members and the 2005 AISC specification

ALL –

Is it my imagination or has the 2005 specification completely removed all reference to web tapered members?

If so, are there any other true specifications out there that address the design of these members.  To my understanding, the Metal Building Manufacturer Association has been pointing people towards some general “guidelines” that someone published in a text book in the early 80’s.  But, that’s not really a proper specification.

Does anyone know if there are plans by any respected structural organization (ASCE maybe?) in the USA to write a specification that will cover tapered members?

Sincerely,

Josh Plummer, SE

RISA Technologies

joshp(--nospam--at)risatech.com