Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: "User Note" Single angle bending member[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: "User Note" Single angle bending member
- From: "Jimenez, Jorge A." <jajimenez(--nospam--at)csagroup.com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:41:49 -0400
Is the height of the vertical leg. As you know, the other leg has an indirect contribution for the moment capacity in variables like Iz, rz, an Beta_w in the formula for unequal-leg angles.
Jorge Jimenez, PE
From: Joseph Grill
On page 16.1-59 of the 13th Edition AISC Manual, there is a "User Note" with some criteria for a span to depth ratio of the single angle. This may sound elementary, but is the depth the height of the vertical leg or the width of the horizontal leg? I'm assuming that it is the height of the vertical leg.
- Prev by Subject: "User Note" Single angle bending member
- Next by Subject: (no subject)
- Previous by thread: "User Note" Single angle bending member
- Next by thread: steel beam vibration