RE: bad science, CSI Miami & Diamonds

One thing I didn't see mentioned in the discussion is that crystalline
mineral structures including diamonds often have well defined cleavage
planes.  The strength of these planes may vary considerably so depending
on the angle of the applied forces the mineral could display a range of
compressive strengths on a macro scale.
My days of geology coming back to haunt me.

Dan Morrow, PE