Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:53 PM
Subject: steel beam vibration

Listers,
Any resources on checking a HSS member that is a stair stringer for vibration/bounce?

It is not a deflection issue, it is when once person is on the stair they notice "bounce" ?

Also, ideas on how to take this away, adding a column near mid span is an option. Total diagonal length is 33ft.

Please CC me directly in addition to the list.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC