From: Speck, Todd M
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 12:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SEA Meeting Presentation Topics

SEAInt:

I'm responsible for providing the technical presentations for our monthly, local SEA chapter meetings.  We have a one hour meeting in which we have someone present a topic of interest to the structural engineering community.  Some examples of well received past presentation topics are Engineering Ethics, Building Information Modeling, Design and Construction of the New Arizona Cardinals Stadium, and a Panel Discussion with Geotechnical Engineers.

I'm soliciting ideas for this year's meeting topics or presenters.  If you have any suggestions on either please email me.   I'm looking for topics or presenters that would provide enough interest from our membership to draw them out to the meetings.  Suggestions I'm looking for could be things of current interest to the structural engineering community, recent code items of interest, significant projects, excellent presenters themselves with a topic to be determined later, etc.

If there are presentations you've seen recently that you'd recommend please do so.  If there is a topic you or you think others would like to see please let me know.   If the presentation would be deemed worthy we do have the ability to bring a presenter in from throughout the country.

I look forward to receiving your responses.

Thanks in advance.

Todd M. Speck, P.E.