Re: Metal Plate Wood Trusses

On 1/27/07, Mark Gilligan <mark.gilligan(--nospam--at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
When I specify metal plate connected wood trusses I
assume that I am specifying a product that will be
designed by the manufacturer. The design specification
is ANSI/TP 1.  The author of a master specification
that I am reviewing, believes that it is reasonably
common for the engineer designing the structure to
design the trusses, specifying the metal plate sizes

In most jurisdictions in Canada, the truss, truss plates and locations of same are undertaken by the truss supplier.  Reviewing shop drawings for same, I usually check the spacing general geometry and design loads.  Truss shop drawings are generally sealed by an engineer working for the truss fabricator.
--
Dik Coates, P.Eng
Winnipeg, Manitoba