Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
screws in wood diaphragm[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: screws in wood diaphragm
- From: "Jim Lutz" <Jim.Lutz(--nospam--at)bhcconsultants.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:17:53 -0800
Title: screws in wood diaphragm
I also seem to recall hearing that nails are a better choice than screws because screws are more brittle. It also seems intuitive to me that a nailed structure would tend to have a much higher damping ratio due to the nature of pullout versus a screw, which is also a good thing.
720 3rd Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1820
206 505 3400 Ext 126
206 505 3406 (Fax)
- Prev by Subject: FW: screws in wood diaphgragm
- Next by Subject: Re: screws in wood diaphragm
- Previous by thread: FW: screws in wood diaphgragm
- Next by thread: Re: screws in wood diaphragm