Re: screws in wood diaphragm

If you look in the simpson catalog they have a screw for diaphragm construction.  Table values are included for different diaphragm construction.

I just got the Journal of Light Construction where i saw a new product that is a screw (phillips head) that can be installed with a nail gun(comes in collated strips).  the thread looks shallow compared to a standad screw but look like it can be removed or snugged.  I don't know much else about it.

Tim Rudolph PE
Bishop, CA