Re: hollow red clay block

I have a copy of "Principles of Tile Engineering, Handbook of Design" published by Structural Clay Products Institute in 1947.  I found a couple for sale through different sellers for about $30 in a quick Google search, I think I paid $.50 for it at a thrift sale.  I have used it in working on a few buildings - but earthquake design is not an issue in Wisconsin. I think it would be good investment if you intend to work with tile.

Roger C. Davis
Architect (retired)

Jim Wilson <wilsonengineers(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm searching for info on old hollow red clay block in an existing building.  I can't find anything useful through Google or at NCMA or BIA.  Does anyone have any leads on this stuff?

All I want to do is to have something relatively conclusive to tell an owner and an architect that we can't add any load to an existing block wall.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA

Roger Davis
Architect