Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Built up Wood Columns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Built up Wood Columns
- From: "Landon Anderson" <landon(--nospam--at)oddogws.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 17:14:33 -0700
Has anyone specified built up columns using 2x6’s with plywood sandwiched between. A peer review pointed out that NDS does allow any ply to be less than 1 ½” thick. While we don’t specify them this way they are often built like this and I don’t necessarily see a problem as long as nailing is adequate and design load does not include the plywood contribution. Do any codes allow this?
- Prev by Subject: RE: building within a building - code separation requirements?????
- Next by Subject: Cabinet plywood for strucutral use?
- Previous by thread: Re: High shear diaphragm value
- Next by thread: Wind Load in Commercial and Residential designs