Built up Wood Columns

Has anyone specified built up columns using 2x6’s with plywood sandwiched between. A peer review pointed out that NDS does allow any ply to be less than 1 ½” thick. While we don’t specify them this way they are often built like this and I don’t necessarily see a problem as long as nailing is adequate and design load does not include the plywood contribution. Do any codes allow this?

Landon Anderson

email: landon(--nospam--at)oddogws.com