Wind Load in Commercial and Residential designs

I am designing wood roof truss for commercial and residential buildings. As a general practice of design in the industry, I learned that the truss above 40 feet clear span for a residential building, we need to design as with commercial loading. Also I learned that such a truss can be designed without wind load. That means design a truss with commercial loading and without wind.

Can somebody clarify on this matter. I did not see any guidance in Ontario Building Code, NBCC or IBC.

Thanks,

Ramesh Savaliya, P.Eng.