Re: Wind Load in Commercial and Residential designs

practice of design in the industry, I learned that the truss above 40 feet clear span for a residential building, we need to design as with commercial loading. Also I learned that such a truss can be designed without wind load. That means design a truss with commercial loading and without wind.

9.4.2.1 in both the NBCC and the OBC require that > 40'... Part 4 and takes it out of the residential and small building part of the code (Part 9).

--
Dik Coates, P.Eng
Winnipeg, Manitoba