Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Mass. PE

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]

There is a PE and SE designation in MA.


It’s been a while since I got my license there but I do not think they require the Structural II exam for the SE.


I think they do ask for example calculations and similar representative structural experience stuff, although if they now accept the NCEES record the process may have been streamed lined.


Matthew Stuart

Structural Department


Extension 1283


-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kester, PE [mailto:akester(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 3:36 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Mass. PE


If you have your license in another state, and register with NCEES, the Mass. Board of PE website says they accept the NCEES Certificate for licensure in Mass. I was wondering (and have tried contacting them) if I took the NCEES Structural 1 exam, if this is acceptable? I would think all I need to do is obtain the NCEES Certificate and I will be good to go. Hoping somebody has done this in Mass recently.



Andrew Kester, PE
ADK Structural Engineering, PLLC
Lake Mary, FL