Unblaanced snow on 12 in 12 roof

Title: Unblaanced snow on 12 in 12 roof

Jordan,

I didn't think there was that much difference between 7-02 and 7-05. We did a comparison of 7-05 to 7-98 and didn't even see the magnitude of differences that you note below. Here's a link to our paper:

http://www.awc.org/pdf/PaperSnowProvisionsASCE7-05web.pdf

Take a look at that and see if it helps. If not, give me a few more specifics about your particular situation (e.g. span, ground snow load, etc.) and I'll see if I can help.

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media
AF&PA/American Wood Council
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
P: 202-463-2769
F: 202-463-2791
http://www.awc.org

The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard.  Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures.