From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 2:03 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Unblaanced snow on 12 in 12 roof (UNCLASSIFIED)

Try doing wind loads for a sign per ASCE 7-02.  Talk about torture.  The BOCA
code used to have nice, simple process for signs, but ASCE 7-02 now has this
LONG, torturous process.  It took me about 3 hours to figure and run the
calcs for one simple sign.  Arghhhhh!

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Haan, Scott M POA wrote:

> Whoever wrote the new unbalanced snow formulas should be waterboarded
> at Gitmo.

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE