From: bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 5:53 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: POLL: Who "Designs" Your Structural Steel Connections?

InthelatesteditionofAISC's"CodeofStandardPracticeforSteelBridges
andBuildings,"Section3.1.2beginsasfollows:

"TheOwner'sDesignatedRepresentativeforDesignshallEITHERshowthecomp
letedesignoftheConnectionsinthestructuralDesignDrawingsORallowth
eFabricatortoselectorcompletetheConnectiondetailswhilepreparingth
eShopandErectiondrawings."[EMPHASISMine]

Herewith,aninformationpollquestion:

Whichofthetwomethodsof"designing"theconnectionsdoyoutypicallyuse
onyourprojects?

(A) I do my own connection designs, and show them on my design drawings.

(B) I allow the Fabricator to "select or complete" the connection details,
providing the appropriate information on my design drawings to enable this.

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
*   site at: http://www.seaint.org