RE: Enclosure of Building

The windows are opening unless the windows and framing are designed for wind per IBC.

From: Ramesh Savaliya [mailto:savaliyaramesh(--nospam--at)yahoo.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Enclosure of Building

In designing the residential buildings, I came across a typical proble to calculate wind load. As per IBC, we can design building with simplified method if it is enclosed. My question is that in considering enclosure catagory, i.e. if building is enclosed, partially enclosed of open, we calculate the percentage of opening.
What do we exactly mean by opening. Is it the total area of window plus other openings with respect to total wall area?

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh Savaliya, P.Eng