RE: HP 430 plotter

I had trouble with my HP430 (after my really reliable HP600 died) similar to yours.   The local tech told me to set the device configuration to HP DesignJet 330.

When I plot pdf files, I alway use the computer memory even though there's some message about the printer slowing down.   If I try to use the plotter's memory, it just hangs up.

Neil

At 06:44 PM 2/6/2007, Donald Bruckman wrote:
I learned a very interesting lesson about HP plotters many years ago, not entirely unrelated to this issue.  I have an old 350 that is now about 10 years old and the first time I bought a new computer, I had all kinds of issues like this.  The ?pissed off on Sunday night? workaround turned out to be this:

I reinstalled the old drivers, and I always use the system printer.  Now, 10 years later, I use 10 year old drivers.  I never upgrade the drivers, no matter what.  I use the original drivers that came with the machine.  HP will swear it is wrong, but so far, I seem to have been insulated from plotting terror?.don?t know why, but it works.

I?m scared to death about Windows Vista though, which BTW, does NOT seem to be too Autodesk friendly from what I?ve heard so far?.

Don

From: S. Gordin [ mailto:mailbox(--nospam--at)sgeconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:48 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: HP 430 plotter

Good afternoon.

I just purchased a new computer. With the old computer, I successfully printed C and D size drawings.

Now, my plotter would not plot part of the text at the leading (lower left) portion of the drawing. The plotting of this portion of the drawing is very slow. The red error light ("data") starts blinking half through the plotting process. The rest of the drawing is fine.

Any advice?

Thanks,

V. Steve Gordin, SE
Irvine CA