Unofficial Definition of Structural Engineering

List,

I'm looking for a reference to the classic definition of structural engineering, roughly paraphrased as:

"The art of taking materials whose properties we can only estimate to design structures to resist loads we cannot accurately predict in such a manner that no one knows the difference."

I've seen this in print somewhere, but cannot find it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daniel Popp