RE: Unofficial Definition of Structural Engineering

Mr. Edward L. Wilson, in his book “Three Dimensional Static and Dynamic Analysis of Structures”, cited as adapted  from an “unknown author”:

Structural Engineering is

The art of using materials

That have properties which can only be estimated

To build real structures

That can only be approximately analyzed

To withstand forces

That are not accurately known