RE: Unofficial Definition of Structural Engineering

Bitter Bob on a Friday…  It can’t be that bad, or else we all wouldn’t be doing it….  Not to say I disagree...

David A. Topete, SE

From: Garner, Robert [mailto:rgarner(--nospam--at)moffattnichol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:33 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Unofficial Definition of Structural Engineering

Definition of Structural Engineering:

Working impossibly long hours for insufficient pay to satisfy a client who is never satisfied for the purpose of preparing drawings that will be rejected by the building department, all so that we have enough money to pay for insurance to protect us against lawsuits that are based on frivolity................I could go on and on.

Bob Garner, S.E.