Steel SMRF on Conc. shearwall

I'm doing a project in high-end residential project in southern California, where I have a steel SMRF that is supported on the top of a 14 inch concrete Shearwall.

The question I have is that, does this concrete shearwall  need to be designed as an element supporting discontinuous system? (per 1630.8.2 & Table 16-L)

My own response to this is yes, however I'd appreciate second opinion.

Regards
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar
Private email <k(--nospam--at)hemmatyar.com>
California