Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel SMRF on Conc. shearwall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Steel SMRF on Conc. shearwall
- From: "Casey K. Hemmatyar" <khemmatyar(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:04:18 -0800
I'm doing a project in high-end residential project in southern California, where I have a steel SMRF that is supported on the top of a 14 inch concrete Shearwall.
The question I have is that, does this concrete shearwall need to be designed as an element supporting discontinuous system? (per 1630.8.2 & Table 16-L)
My own response to this is yes, however I'd appreciate second opinion.
Casey (Khashayar) Hemmatyar
Private email <k(--nospam--at)hemmatyar.com>
- Prev by Subject: RE: Steel floor plate
- Next by Subject: RE: Steel SMRF on Conc. shearwall
- Previous by thread: Re: credit card payments for service
- Next by thread: RE: Steel SMRF on Conc. shearwall