Re: Concrete Slump

On 14 Feb 2007 at 6:15, Jay Shilstone wrote:

> I hope you get a lot of replies on this one.

<deleted for space>

I agree with what Jay has said in his post, although he
didn't address pozzolans, I'm sure that he's was suggesting
them in some of his general statements about other ways
to achieve the slump or w/c ratio results desired.

Pozzolans can have a huge impact on the results of both
slump and performance of in place concrete.  The amount, type
and source of pozzolan used will govern the performance.

> Generally speaking, most engineers limit slump without
> superplasticizer in their specs to 3-5 inches, but contractors like
> 4-6 inches better.

Just wanted to add that these are similar to the numbers that I like,
but caution that they are slumps prior to addition of water-reducers.