Re: Hurricane Ties and Light Gauge Steel Framing

Simpson has light gage connectors as well.

bks

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 10:51 AM
Subject: Hurricane Ties and Light Gauge Steel Framing

Hello Everybody!

We are designing Light Gauge Steel structures for California. I am confused about using Hurricane ties for and anchors as Architect says I can specify only that are approved in the jurisdiction for the design.
Back home here in Canada, we use our custom made clip angles and other sort of tie-downs for which our engineers seal the drawing for the approval from Municipality.
Has anybody got an idea on this? Are there some connectors parallel to simpson which we use  for wood structures?

Thanks

Ramesh Savaliya, P. Eng.

All new Yahoo! Mail

Checked by AVG Free Edition.