From: Ramesh Savaliya <savaliyaramesh(--nospam--at)yahoo.ca>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Hurricane Ties and Light Gauge Steel Framing
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:51:34 -0500 (EST)

Hello Everybody!

We are designing Light Gauge Steel structures for California. I am confused about using Hurricane ties for and anchors as Architect says I can specify only that are approved in the jurisdiction for the design. Back home here in Canada, we use our custom made clip angles and other sort of tie-downs for which our engineers seal the drawing for the approval from Municipality. Has anybody got an idea on this? Are there some connectors parallel to simpson which we use for wood structures?

  Thanks

  Ramesh Savaliya, P. Eng.

All new Yahoo! Mail