RE: Silage

American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers publishes a book of standards that covers these types of things.

http://www.asabe.org/

Looks like the following standards would be of some interest:

EP433 Loads Exerted by Free-Flowing Grain on Bins

EP538 Design Loads for Bunker (Horizontal) Silos  (covers loads from whole plants, I think this would be silage)

EP545 Loads Exerted by Free-Flowing Grain on Shallow Storage Structures

D252.1 Tower Silos: Unit Weight of Silage and Silo Capacities

Note the above list is may not be exhaustive, just a quick look.

Tom

Thomas D. Skaggs, Ph.D., P.E.
Senior Engineer
APA - The Engineered Wood Association