bracing suspended ceiling elements

I am working on a bank T.I. The bank has 20' ceilings. The architect wants to hang from the ceiling several acoustic panel assemblies that are irregular shape, around 10'x15' x 9 feet tall.
He would like to treat them as you would a hanging light that is free to swing. The weight of each one could be as much as 800# and they could be separated from each other by 2 feet.

Is this legal (bay area). I thought I had read restrictions on this kind of thing based on weight and/or square footage.

Jeff