Re: W21x55

Perhaps it is the same way things are listed in the CISC handbook- shapes that are or were Canadian are listed in order and those that are made out of country and are different from Canadian shapes are listed separately in order.
Gary

G Vishwanath wrote:
I was left wondering why every one is asking for properties of W21x55 and looking all over the wrong places.
The first place I would look is the Aisc 13th edition.
Seek and ye shall find.
I sought.
I found.
Its listed on page 1-18 I would now like to guess the reason for this frantic search.
I suppose some of you are still using the ninth edition.
It's not listed there.
I sought.
I did not find.
Even in the 13th edition it is listed slightly out of sequence. The list starts at the bottom with the lightest at W21x44, followed by W21x50 and then W21x57
That may cause a casual reader to conclude that W21x55 is not listed.
But wait.
Seek some more.
Look further up the page.
The next one is W21x48 and then ?
Eureka!!! W21x55 !!!
For every other W shape the properties are listed with the lightest at the bottom of the list and progressing to heavier sections as you move your finger up the page.
I wonder why W21 is listed differently.
I hope it is not another Typo. Will some one from Aisc please check this out and offer an explanation if any? Regards
Vish
Get your own web address. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL> Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>