From: Adam Vakiener [mailto:avakiener(--nospam--at)southernae.com]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 7:08 AM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Re: W21x55

Vish,

I am not from AISC, but I presume the reason for this is that the shapes
are grouped by flange width and the W21x55 has a wider flange than the
W21x50 and W21x55.  You will notice the same thing happens with the
W6x16 and W6x15.

By the way, I have been told by fabricators that the W21x55 is a
Canadian shape and is not readily available in the southeastern U.S. so
we avoid specifying this shape.  However, it must be a very economical
shape because our design software continually selects it for use.

Adam Vakiener
Southern A&E
Austell, GA