RE: Non-combustible floor sheathing

Title: Non-combustible floor sheathing

How about "WonderBoard", that cementitious tile backer board?

Bob Garner

From: Jared Keyser [mailto:jkeyser(--nospam--at)LCMF.com]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 11:23 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Non-combustible floor sheathing

Dear list,

Does anyone know of non-combustible subfloor product that can be used over structural metal decking as a floor sheathing.

I have a design/build project where due to size and location, a concrete floor deck will be difficult and expensive to install.  The  contractor originally desired plywood sheathing over metal deck, however, it is located in a Type II building which requires non-combustible construction.  There are several roof deck type reinforced gypsum products that indicate span capability over the flutes, however, the ones I've researched indicate that they are not for foot traffic.  Currently I am leaning towards steel plate if concrete is not possible, however, I just don't like the feel of steel plate floor systems in an office setting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jared F. Keyser, P.E.
LCMF LLC