Re: Lap splices in retaining wall

It seems pretty easy if you just want to go with adhesives. I would just install new straight dowels into the top of the footing the amount required to get the full capacity of the dowels (5 or 8" or whatever required by the adhesive mfr) and make sure the required edge distances from the front and back of the footing are also met, then these dowels would lap with the main wall reinforcing the amount required for development. I have specified adhesive installed dowels for cmu walls at interior thickened slabs several times.

Will