Re: W21x55

> From: Adam Vakiener <avakiener(--nospam--at)southernae.com>

> By the way, I have been told by fabricators that the W21x55 is a Canadian
> shape and is not readily available in the southeastern U.S. so we avoid
> specifying this shape.  However, it must be a very economical shape
> because our design software continually selects it for use.

This is what we refer to as an "Algoma" shape after the Canadian mill
that produced it. Typically, the Algoma shapes were lighter than others
in the same size category. Hence, as Vish noted, it seems to be out of
order in the tables.

Algoma stopped producing shapes but other (U.S.) mills indicated that
they would continue to produce these shapes. Arcelor stopped in 2003.
Availability is questionable by time and place. Check with your local
fabricator/warehouse.

Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.