Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Tilt-Panel Bottom Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Tilt-Panel Bottom Connections
- From: "Jake Watson" <jake.watson1(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:09:05 -0700
Our local SEA is looking at tilt-panel to foundation / slab connections and code requirements. Because of this I have spent a fair amount of time researching the recent code history (97 UBC +). Each code cycle has changed the wording and methodology. FEMA 368 & 450 also take different approaches. Because of this, I have assumed there must be a historic precedent of panel failures. Two days of online research hasn't turned up a single report addressing the issue. I can't seem to find a single reference which discusses panel performance at the bottom (good or bad). Numerous papers, articles, and reports discuss diaphragm and out-of-plane anchorage. But I couldn't find a single report dealing with the bottom. That said, I am at home and haven't gone through recent ACI or TCA publications.
Can anyone point me to a reference which reviews the performance of panel bottom connections?
Jake Watson, S.E.
Salt Lake City, UT
- Prev by Subject: RE: Thin composite deck
- Next by Subject: Re: Tilt-Panel Bottom Connections
- Previous by thread: RE: Non-combustible floor sheathing
- Next by thread: Re: Tilt-Panel Bottom Connections