Re: Cold weather welding

Dave,

If this is structural steel then I would assume you are following AWS D1.1 which would require you to preheat and maintain interpass temperatures of the steel to the requirements of Table 3.2.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Dave Lowen" <jatech(--nospam--at)telus.net>
02/22/2007 08:37 AM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Cold weather welding

List

Could anyone supply me with a link or technical document(s) regarding SMAW procedures and inspection of welding of structural steel where the ambient and steel temperature is between -30C and -60C?

Regards,
Dave Lowen
V 780 470  5187
E jatech(--nospam--at)telus.net