Re: Cold weather welding

Dave,
CSA W59 requires certain procedures for welding of steel at temperatures below 5 deg C (40F). First of all, the fabricator's welding engineer should be spelling out what you can or cannot do and then the customer should have some input. Basically, as the south of the border guys have said is that you don't weld at those temperatures.
Gary

Dave Lowen wrote:

List

Could anyone supply me with a link or technical document(s) regarding SMAW procedures and inspection of welding of structural steel where the ambient and steel temperature is between -30C and -60C?

Regards,

Dave Lowen

V 780 470  5187

E jatech(--nospam--at)telus.net <mailto:jatech(--nospam--at)telus.net>