Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE Rail Embedment Detail[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE Rail Embedment Detail
- From: "Rich Lewis" <seaint04(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:46:33 -0600
Can anyone point me to a website detail or send me a typical detail of an ASCE rail embedded in a concrete slab?
I have a condition where a manufacturer has custom carts on 12 ft. gage using ASCE rails. These loads are lighter than train rail cars.
I’m wondering if there are typical details of how to support the rail for concrete placement and for the little channel track the wheel hubs roll in. The slab is 12” thick and the top of rail is the top of slab. Can the rail be purchased with the channel track already attached? I assume this is standard rail for an at-grade concrete railroad crossing type details.
Thanks for your help.
- Prev by Subject: RE: ASCE 7-05 rho
- Next by Subject: ASCE/SEI 7-05
- Previous by thread: Re: Eccentric Load on Drilled Pier
- Next by thread: Column tree moment frame