water sloshing question / aci 350 applicability?

http://pubs.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/rp/rp2_abst_e?cjce_l05-120_33_ns_nf_cjce

Chris, and others...
Awhile ago, we were discussing a water sloshing problem solved with FEM and a veritable tiger and a boy with a stick.
I just came across this article, see above link.

Second part... question...?

for ACI 350, and swimming pools, do these two things go together?

if we have a swimming pool or cistern, do we need to consider z?  or just ACI 318 s?
z in the yes:  110 lb/in I assume?

Thanks in advance.
Refugio